The University of Jaén has undertaken to make its websites accessible, in accordance with the Royal Decree 1112/2018, of September 7, on accessibility of websites and applications for mobile devices in the public sector.
This accessibility statement applies to the sites:
These websites are not yet in compliance with RD 1112/2018 of September 7, due to the exceptions and lack of conformity of the aspects indicated below.
Content not accessible
The content that is collected below is not accessible due to the following:
a) Lack of compliance with RD 1112/2018
- Some images that convey information do not have alternative text [requirement number 126.96.36.199 Non-textual content of UNE-EN 301549: 2019]
- Some pages have an incorrect heading structure, use empty paragraphs or false carriage returns [requirement number 188.8.131.52 Information and Relationships of UNE-EN 301549: 2019]
- Some elements such as the menu, video playback and tables do not catch the focus properly [requirement number 184.108.40.206 UNE-EN 301549: 2019 focus order]
- There are contents in English whose language is not correctly labeled [requirement number 220.127.116.11 Language of the parts of UNE-EN 301549: 2019]
- Some pages have HTML code errors [requirement number 18.104.22.168 Processing of UNE-EN 301549: 2019]
- There are pages that do not have sufficient contrast with the background color [requirement number 22.214.171.124 Contrast (minimum) of UNE-EN 301549: 2019]
- There could be specific editing errors on some web page.
b) Disproportionate burden
Does not apply.
c) The content does not fall within the scope of the applicable legislation
There may be office files in PDF or other formats published before September 20, 2018 that do not fully meet all accessibility requirements. Although it has been tried that most of them do comply.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on September 16, 2020.
The method used to prepare the return has been a self-assessment carried out by a third party.
Last revision of the declaration: 16 September 2020.
Observations and contact details
You can make communications about accessibility requirements (article 10.2.a of RD 1112/2018), such as:
- report any possible breach by this website
- transmit other difficulties of access to content
- formulate any other query or suggestion for improvement related to the accessibility of the website
Through the General Instance / Request, by calling (+34) 953 212 121 or in person at the Electronic Information, Registration and Administration Service (Campus Las Lagunillas, s / n; Rectorate Building (B1); 23071. Jaén; Dependencies B1-047)
You can present:
- a Complaint regarding compliance with the requirements of RD 1112/2018 or
- a Request for Accessible Information regarding:
- or contents that are excluded from the scope of application of RD 1112/2018 as established by article 3, section 4
- or content that is exempt from compliance with accessibility requirements for imposing a disproportionate burden.
In the Request for accessible information, the facts, reasons and request that allow to verify that it is a reasonable and legitimate request must be specified, with complete clarity.
Through the General Instance / Request, as well as the rest of the options included in Law 39/2015, of October 1, on the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations.
Communications will be received and processed by the Information, Registry and Electronic Administration Service (SIR @).
If, once a request for accessible information or complaint has been made, it has been rejected, the decision taken is not in agreement, or the response does not meet the requirements contemplated in article 12.5, the interested person may initiate a claim, likewise You may initiate a claim, you may also initiate a claim in the event that a period of twenty business days has elapsed without having received a response.
The claim can be presented through the General Instance / Request, as well as with the rest of the options included in Law 39/2015, of October 1, on the Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations.
Claims will be received and processed by the Information, Registry and Electronic Administration Service (SIR @).
This website applies the requirements of the UNE-EN 301549: 2019 standard, considering the exceptions of RD 1112/2018.
The University of Jaén works to make its website as accessible as possible regardless of the physical, psychological, technical conditions or characteristics of the visitors' environment.
For this, we are working to respect the principles, guidelines and criteria of the Web Content Accessibility Directives (WCAG) 2.0 in their "AA" priority levels, in the newly designed pages and progressively in the rest. However, we are aware that the mere satisfaction of these criteria does not by itself guarantee easy access to all our content, so we continue working to try to cover as many priorities as possible in the future.
The following describes the key combinations for navigating the content with the keyboard:
- Tab - Next link, menu entry, or form control.
- Shift + Tab: previous link, menu entry, or form control.
- Spacebar: display / fold menus, activate checkboxes.
- Arrows: select a "radio" button, an option from a list, etc ...
- Enter: activates the link or button.
We are convinced that no matter how hard we try, we can always improve the accessibility of the site and in that sense we will be grateful to receive any suggestions or collaboration in this regard.
The University of Jaén, convinced of the need for equal opportunities, and so that all people can access higher education, works in two aspects, on the one hand, improving day by day the degree of accessibility of its different facilities in the two university campuses that it has and, on the other, offering services and resources to make it a reality.
The UJA was awarded in 2006 with the 1st Andalusian Award for Good Practices in Disability Care and in addition to having a Comprehensive Physical Accessibility Plan, it is currently working on the development of a complementary plan, the Comprehensive Plan for Infoaccessibility. The objective is to make the University an open environment, free of all kinds of barriers and universally accessible.
To facilitate accessibility, there are:
- Parking spaces reserved for people with disabilities:
- Reserved car parks of the "Campus de las Lagunillas"
- Reserved car parks of "Campus de Linares"
- Priority to choose a location in the classroom, as well as the reservation of the chosen place.
- Reservation of computer positions in the computer rooms with free access.
- Adaptation of spaces and furniture in the classrooms (the necessary steps are taken from the disability unit: request for special chairs, tables, etc.)
Residence Halls and University Residences with adapted rooms
- Domingo Savio Residence Hall
- Address: Carretera de Madrid, s / n
- Telephone: 953 281878 FAX: 953 280283
- E- Mail: cmdv [arroba] ujaen [punto] es
- Number of Adapted Rooms: 4
- Josefa Segovia University Residence
- Address: Avda. Ejercito Español, 5
- Phone: 953 252037
- Fax: 953 225140
- E-Mail: cmjosefasegovia [arroba] navegalia [punto] com
- Number of Adapted Rooms: 1