The Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering at UJA will prepare you for highly skilled positions in the ICT sector.
This master’s programme is accredited by the European Network for the Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE) via the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA) and holds the EUR-ACE® international quality label.
It qualifies students for the profession of Computer Engineer under the University Council Agreement published by resolution of the General Secretariat for Universities on 8 June 2009 (BOE 4/8/2009).
In a globalised, hyperconnected world, computer engineering is a profession with excellent current and future prospects. This programme, which places particular emphasis on students’ employability, offers comprehensive, up-to-date training in Computer Engineering. Students will finish the programme as highly qualified professionals in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), one of the most rapidly growing sectors with excellent career prospects. You will be equipped to respond to the demands of the labour market and contribute to local and national socioeconomic development.
The syllabus for the programme covers the management of IT projects and system installations in all spheres (corporate and public sector). Equally, it aims to boost students’ skills in research and innovation in new technologies.
You can also take advantage of the University of Jaén's unique cross-disciplinary training programme and the range of activities offered in connection with this master’s programme to improve your personal development and professional prospects.
Double master’s programmes
The Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering is also available as a double master’s degree (joint programme) with the Master’s Degree in IT Security at the University of Jaén
Pre-enrolment and allocation of places will be carried out in a centralised manner by the Andalusian Single District Commission. Up-to-date deadlines and procedures can be found on their website.
Aquí encontrarás los detalles fundamentales y todos los enlaces necesarios para conocer la organización de tu máster, resumiendo y complementando la descripción recogida en la memoria del máster, donde podrás encontrar información adicional.
- Possess and understand knowledge providing a foundation or opportunity to develop and/or apply ideas in an original manner, particularly in research contexts.
- Apply the knowledge acquired and develop an ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar settings within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the area of study.
- Integrate knowledge and tackle complex judgements on the basis of information which may be incomplete or limited and require reflection on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of these knowledge and judgements.
- Communicate conclusions and knowledge and the underlying reasons informing them to expert and non-expert audiences clearly and unambiguously.
- Self-directed or independent study.
- Be able to plan, calculate and design products, processes and installations in all areas of Computer Engineering.
- Be able to manage installations and works on computer systems in compliance with current regulations and quality standards.
- Be able to lead, plan and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
- Be able to conduct mathematical modelling, calculation and simulation at technological centres and company engineering centres, particularly in research, development and innovation tasks in all areas linked to Computer Engineering.
- Be able to develop, strategically plan, lead, coordinate and manage the technical and economic aspects of projects in all areas of Computer Engineering, following quality and environmental criteria.
- Be able to undertake general management, technical management and management of research, development and innovation projects in the field of Computer Engineering at companies and technology centres.
- Be able to implement, lead and manage production processes for computer equipment, guaranteeing the safety of people and property, the quality of the final products and their compliance with the relevant standards.
- Be able to apply the knowledge obtained and to solve problems in new or unfamiliar settings within broader, multidisciplinary contexts by drawing on this knowledge.
- Be able to understand and apply the ethical responsibility, legislation and professional standards relating to the professional practice of Computer Engineering.
- Be able to apply economic and human and project resource management principles, as well as computing legislation, regulations and standards.
- Be able to work with, lead and manage conflict in a multidisciplinary group and/or multilingual setting.
- Be able to manage information and apply the necessary technical specifications and legislation to engineering practice.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills and attitudes.
- Respect human rights and seek to tackle discrimination based on gender, place of origin, disability, etc.
- Be able to convey information adapted to a specific audience verbally and in writing.
- Be able to incorporate computer engineering technologies, applications, services and systems into broader, multidisciplinary contexts.
- Be able to strategically plan, develop, lead, coordinate and manage technical and economic aspects in the field of Computer Engineering, related to systems, applications, services, networks, IT facilities or installations and centres and software development factories, among others, respecting the proper application of quality and environmental criteria and working in multidisciplinary settings.
- Be able to lead research, development and innovation projects in companies and technology centres, guaranteeing the safety of people and property, the quality of the final products and their compliance with the relevant standards.
- Be able to model, design, define the architecture, implement, manage, operate, administrate and maintain computer applications, networks, systems, services and content.
- Understand and apply the functioning and structure of the internet, the technologies and protocols of new generation networks, component parts, intermediary software and services.
- Be able to guarantee, manage, audit and certify the quality of computer developments, processes, systems, services, applications and products.
- Be able to design, develop, manage and assess certification and security guarantee mechanisms in the processing of and access to information in a local processing system or distribution.
- Be able to analyse IT needs in a particular context and carry out the process of building an IT system in all its stages.
- Be able to design and assess operating systems and servers, as well as applications and systems based on distributed computing.
- Understand and apply advanced knowledge of high-performance computing and numerical or computational methods to engineering problems.
- Be able to design and develop IT systems, applications and services in embedded and ubiquitous systems.
- Be able to apply mathematical, statistical and artificial intelligence methods to model, design and develop applications, services, intelligent systems and knowledge-based systems.
- Be able to use and develop methodologies, methods, techniques, programmes for specific use, rules and standards of computer graphics.
- Be able to conceptualise, design, develop and assess the human-computer interaction of IT products, systems, applications and services.
- Be able to create and exploit virtual environments, and create, manage and distribute multimedia content.
- Complete an original exercise individually once all of the credits in the study programme have been obtained, consisting of a comprehensive Computer Engineering project of a professional nature synthesising the skills acquired in the teaching modules, and present and defend it to a university panel.
El Suplemento Europeo al Título es el documento que acompaña al título universitario de carácter oficial y validez en todo el territorio nacional con la información unificada, personalizada para cada titulado universitario, sobre los estudios cursados, los resultados obtenidos, las capacidades profesionales adquiridas y el nivel de su titulación en el sistema nacional de educación superior.
Puedes obtener información sobre el procedimiento para obtenerlo haciendo clic aquí (se abre en una ventana nueva).
Complementary Study Programs
The University of Jaén is committed to an integral training of its students. On this page you will find complementary training activities that will allow you to configure a comprehensive curriculum that favors your employability and your professional and personal development. Check this page regularly because the information is continuously updated.
There are no programs of complementary studies that match the specified filter criteria.
Coordination and Quality
Todos los títulos oficiales de la Universidad de Jaén están sujetos a distintos procesos de evaluación realizados desde la Dirección de Evaluación y Acreditación (DEVA) de la Agencia Andaluza del Conocimiento. Para acceder a los informes de evaluación de esta titulación relacionados con la verificación, modificación, seguimiento y renovación de la acreditación, selecciónalo en la aplicación de informes de evaluación de títulos de la DEVA.
Puedes consultar y descargar los Autoinformes de evaluación relativos al título haciendo clic aquí (se abre en una ventana nueva).
Puedes consultar y descargar los Informes de evaluación relativos al título haciendo clic aquí (se abre en una ventana nueva).
En las secciones “Estudiantes” y “Satisfacción de los grupos de interés” del anuario estadístico de la Universidad de Jaén podrás encontrar información relevante para tu titulación como el número de estudiantes de nuevo ingreso, los resultados académicos o el grado de satisfacción del alumnado con tu titulación.
Puedes consultar y descargar más información específica de este título haciendo clic aquí (se abre en una ventana nueva).
Un elemento importante en el análisis de la calidad del título son los estudios sobre la inserción laboral de los titulados de la Universidad de Jaén, en los que podrás encontrar las salidas profesionales más habituales de las personas que cursaron este máster antes que tú.