PREPARATION COURSES FOR DELE EXAMS (ONLINE)
Teaching period: from June 14 to July 2, 2021.
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSES (ONLINE)
Teaching period: from July 12 to 30, 2021. Type of lessons: online
Duration: 60 hours.
The workload of the courses has been divided into two parts:
- 40 hours of guided synchronous work. Lessons will be held in a virtual classroom and in small groups using video conference tools. The live sessions will have a fixed schedule from Monday to Friday and will be flexible for tasks in cooperative groups. All video conference sessions, tutorials and presentations will be recorded and will be available to students who cannot participate in live classes.
- 20 hours of autonomous practice. Access to the content, forums and other asynchronous learning tools will be totally flexible so that students can self-study according to their own schedule.
- International students who have been or are going to be on an academic stay at the University of Jaén.
- Students over 18 who wish to start to learn Spanish language or who wish to improve basic skills.
- Students over 18 who wish to prepare for the DELE exams to obtain an official certificate of proficiency on Spanish language.
- Briefing for Spanish courses (online): May 28, 2021 (10:30 a.m.)
- Briefing for courses for preparation DELE exams (online): May 24, 2021 (10:30 a.m.)
These briefing sessions will be led by the teachers in charge of the courses, who will be happy to answer any question. It is advisable to attend the briefing having previously checked your Spanish language level through the placement test level test described below. Students who already have an official certificate of proficiency on Spanish language do not have to take the test.
Spanish courses have an entry level which determines the minimum level recommended to make the most of the course.
- If you have NEVER studied Spanish, your level is A1.
- If you have an official certificate of Spanish language proficiency (DELE Diploma or SIELE Diploma) or if you have passed a training course at the CEALM, you can enroll in any course at the next level. For example, if you have a B1 certificate, you can enroll any specific course whose entry level is B1 or in a B2 level course.
- If you are not an absolute beginner or have a DELE Diploma, you must take a
PLACEMENT TEST before enrolling a Spanish course. Follow this link and the test instructions:
- Choose the language in which you want to receive the instructions (you can choose your native language).
- Read carefully the instructions on the welcome screen.
- Take at least the three first tests: Oral Comprehension, Written Expression, and Written Comprehension (in any order). If you have time to take the five parts of the test, all the better, since this will provide us with a more precise picture of your level.
- At the end of each test you will reach the feedback screen. Click then on "your level" and the program will tell you which CEFR level you are in (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2). It is very important that you write down the level you get in each section of the test, since these are not recorded and you will lose all the information about your test once you refresh the page or if you close the window.
- Finally, click on this link (use your email account at the University of Jaén or gmail) and fill in the form (it will be available until June 23, 2021). You will receive an email with information about the courses you can enroll according to your entry level.
Students over 18 who wish to prepare for the DELE exams to certify their level of proficiency in Spanish language.
This course analyzes the structure of the DELE exam. The objectives of the tasks in the DELE exam will be analyzed along with the necessary techniques and strategies necessary to succeed in the exam. Teachers will guide students through practical sessions aimed at developing oral and written skills. Mock exams will be carried out.
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE - PREPARATION FOR A2 DELE EXAM
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE - PREPARATION FOR B1 DELE EXAM
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE - PREPARATION FOR B2 DELE EXAM
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE - PREPARATION FOR C1 DELE EXAM
SPANISH FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS (starting level A1)
Description: General course for students with little or no knowledge on Spanish language. The course will be developed through communicative and interactive methodologies. The syllabus includes activities on speaking, writing and interaction.
BASIC SPANISH (starting level A2)
Description: General course for students who have already passed level A1 of Spanish language according to the CEFR. The course will be developed through communicative and interactive methodologies. The syllabus includes activities on speaking, writing and interaction.
INTERMEDIATE SPANISH (starting level B1)
Description: General course for students who have already passed level A2 of Spanish language according to the CEFR. The course will be developed through communicative and interactive methodologies. The syllabus includes activities on speaking, writing and interaction.
ADVANCED SPANISH (starting level B2)
Description: General course for students who have already passed level B1of Spanish language according to the CEFR. The course will be developed through communicative and interactive methodologies. The syllabus includes activities on speaking, writing and interaction.
PROFICIENCY SPANISH (starting level C1)
Description: General course for students who are at level C (proficiency or mastery) of Spanish language according to the CEFR and wish to improve their Spanish, paying special attention to correcting errors, expanding vocabulary and improving oral fluency. The course will be developed through communicative and interactive methodologies. The syllabus includes activities on speaking, writing and interaction.
Description: This course is aimed at international students on an academic stay at the University of Jaén and at those who wish to prepare their TFG (Trabajo de fin de grado, Undergraduate dissertation) or their TFM (Trabajo de fin de Máster, Masters dissertation) In the course, students will be introduced to formal register in academic and professional contexts. A B2 CEFR entry level is recommended. The course includes modules to improve written expression and interaction (writing essays, emails, forms, exams, etc.) and oral expression and interaction (academic presentations, formulation of academic questions and answers, correction of pronunciation, non-verbal communication, etc.).
Description: The objective of this course is to practice and improve oral fluency in order to have spontaneous conversations on everyday and academic topics.
Participants will have the opportunity to expand their vocabulary, review conversational structures and participate in guided debates. This course is designed for Spanish students with an intermediate or advanced level of Spanish (a B1 CEFR entry level is required).
Description: If you plan to travel or study in Spain and you are willing to know more about Spanish language and culture, this course is for you. It is an intensive survival course to learn
about the most important aspects of Spanish culture as well as basic notions of Spanish language that will help you navigate everyday communicative situations. Lessons are held in English and Spanish.
Pre-registration and Registration
PREPARATION COURSE FOR DELE EXAMS (ONLINE)
Registration period: May 25 - June 5, 2021.
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSES (ONLINE)
Registration period: June 1-30, 2021.
|Fees for international students and visiting professors at the University of Jaén.|
|MATRÍCULA - ORDINARIA|
|Fees for students over 18 who are not members of the University of Jaén|
|MATRÍCULA - NO APLICABLE|
If you have problems with your registration, send us an email to cealm [arroba] ujaen [punto] es ()
with the following information:
- Name and surname DNI / Passport
- Course in which you are trying to enroll
- Description of the error message displayed and screenshot.