Coordinator: Dr. Isabel Prieto Gómez (iprieto [arroba] ujaen [punto] es)
The Neuroendocrinology and Nutrition research group is engaged in the study of the molecular bases influencing the onset of highly prevalent diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, obesity or neurodegenerative processes. They enable the search for new therapeutic targets for the design of more effective drugs and the development of biological markers.
This all translates into new patents that contribute to socioeconomic development.
- Studies on peptidases Search for activators and inhibitors
- Molecular mechanisms in hypertension Neuroendocrine regulation of blood pressure
- Type of fat in diet and proteolytic activity Effects of fatty acids and cholesterol on the renin-angiotensin system
- Thyroid hormones, hypertension and oxidative stress
- Neurodegenerative diseases and proteolytic enzymes
- Nutrients and metabolism of bioactive peptides Applications in the treatment of chronic diseases
- Aminopeptidase activities as markers of kidney damage
Spanish website: https://bit.ly/2CqAfmS