|Extension of deadline for exceptional reasons|
The CEATIC Steering Committee, in its meeting of 30 March, considering the exceptional situation, which occurred after the declaration of the state of alarm due to the health crisis caused by COVID-19, has agreed:
The “CEATIC MOBILITY INVITATION AWARDS FOR YOUNG DOCTORS” is a programme to promote the arrival of young doctors at the Centre for Advanced Studies in Information and Communication Technologies (CEATIC) of the University of Jaén, aiming at setting up or strengthen academic and/or research links and gather additional and specific information for the developments and research projects that are in progress in
the Centre. This programme is also intended to help young doctors to improve their
scientific specialization and training.
This edition of the programme consists of the invitation for a research stay of up to 3 months at the CEATIC, to be completed during 2020. The expenses related to travelling, accommodation and living expenses will be covered by the CEATIC up to a maximum of 5000 € justified by tickets and/or bills.
The following rules and regulations apply to the “CEATIC INVITATION AWARDS FOR YOUNG DOCTORS 2020” programme.
Postdoctoral researchers with a training background related to the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Candidates must have completed their PhD in the last 8 years to be eligible.
Rules and regulations
This programme aims at setting up or strengthen academic and/or research links and gather additional and specific information for the developments and research projects that are in progress in the CEATIC. This programme is also intended to help young doctors to improve their scientific specialization and training.
The CEATIC will award 2 prizes, which could be extended with one more, consisting of an invitation for travelling to this Centre (located at the University of Jaén facilities) for a research stay of up to 3 months, to be completed during 2020. The expenses related to travelling, accommodation and living expenses will be covered by this prize up to a maximum of 5000 €. Tickets and/or bills will be necessary to get this reimbursement.
Applications will be sent by e-mail to the address with the subject [MovilidadCEATIC]. Required documents include:
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Copy of diploma (BSc., MSc., etcetera) related to ICT training
- Summarized CV (4 pages maximum)
- Research proposal related to at least two research topics covered in the CEATIC (see Appendix 1)
All the required documents must be in PDF format. The size of the files must not exceed 2 MB.
Candidates may submit a revised version of their applications by e-mail to the address, with the subject [MovilidadCEATIC - Modificación] before the expiration date.
Upon receipt of the application, a confirmation e-mail will be sent in the following 72
Number of prizes and deadline
The CEATIC will award up to 2 prizes as described above and could be considered one more. The application time starts on the 6 of March 2020, and the deadline for applications is the 6 of April, 2020 at 23:59 (GMT+1).
Candidates and awardees
Candidates must prove that they fulfill the requirements of this programme. They also must have a relevant scientific background and present a research proposal for the time of their stay at the CEATIC related with at least two of the research topics covered in the CEATIC (see Appendix I).
The type of research proposal must be one of the following: basic research, strategic research, applied research, experimental development or knowledge transfer.
The awardees must accept the rules and regulations described here, and the responsibilities they imply.
The awardees will be announced within 30 days following the deadline.
The Selection Committee will publish a listing with the 2 selected candidates for the prizes, as well as 3 reserve candidates, in case any of the selected ones does not accept the prize. The decision of the committee will not be subject to appeal.
The Selection Committee is allowed to discard all the candidates for one or several prizes if their merits do not reach a minimum level of quality. In addition, the number of prizes could be extended with one more (with a total of 3 prizes).
The list of selected awardees will be published at the CEATIC website (http://ceatic.ujaen.es). The awardees will also be notified by e-mail.
The Selection Committee will take into account the following criteria:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Quality of the research proposal
- Strategic interests of the CEATIC
- Use of CEATIC resources to carry out the reseach proposal
Responsibilities of the awardees
- Send to the CEATIC an acceptance letter. The awardees have to accept the prize and all the conditions of these rules within 10 days following the publication of the awardees list. If this acceptance letter is not received in time, the prize will be awarded to the next reserve candidate.
- If the research stay results in the publication of one or more research publications, the awardee has to include the CEATIC of the University of Jaén as one of the funding entities of their work.
- To present the research lines and the proposed research proposal in the first 10 days of mobility at the CEATIC.
- To present the results obtained in the mobility, in the 10 days prior to its completion.
The research proposal of every candidate has to be related with at least two of the research topics covered in the CEATIC. These topics are the following:
(1) Smart environments and Internet of Things
(2) Distributed and colaborative processing of sound signals
(3) Computer graphics. Applications to medicine and 3D modelling
(4) Smart cities
(5) Intelligent systems based on fuzzy decision analysis
(6) Human language technologies
(7) Wireless sensor networks
BASES GENERALES DE LA CONVOCATORIA.docx
CEATIC MOBILITY PRIZES FOR YOUNG DOCTORS 2020.docx