Affordable accommodation options are available for incoming researchers working or studying at UJA who wish to live in Jaén (Las Lagunillas Campus) or Linares (Linares Science & Technology Campus). If you opt for the main campus (Las Lagunillas), prices may vary depending on the type of accommodation you choose and the length of your stay in Jaén:
- Temporary accommodation in hotels, apartments, guesthouses and youth hostels: Hotel Xauen (city centre), Hotel Europa (city centre), Hotel Condestable Iranzo (near the centre), Hotel Infanta Cristina (near the university), Hotel HO Ciudad de Jaén (3.6 km from the university, accessible by taxi), Hostal Renfe (at the train station), Albergue Inturjoven (near the historic centre), apartments and other hotels;
- A room in a shared, furnished apartment: €200-€250 per month for a single room (sharing all other facilities, excluding bills);
- An individual apartment: €500-€700 per month (excluding bills);
- UJA accommodation (next to Las Lagunillas Campus): Domingo Savio Student Residence (approximately €2,000 per term for a single room, including meals) and furnished apartments. The Domingo Savio Student Residence also offers accommodation for short stays;
- Private student residences: Paraninfo Women-Only Residence,Virgen de la Capilla Residence, Cardenal Merino Men-Only Residence;
- Lope de Vega Apartments: furnished apartments next to the campus for long stays;
- Accommodation with elderly people (via the UJA programme).
- Long-term rentals usually require a deposit (normally one month’s rent) to reserve the accommodation. This deposit will be returned to the tenant at the end of their stay, as long as the apartment or room is in perfect condition;
- Bills in an apartment tend to include electricity and internet access;
- Student residences are usually closed during the summer, Easter and Christmas holidays. Single-sex residences are common.