Would you like to complete your consortium or to become a partner in a proposed project? One way to find suitable project partners –apart from in our own networks– is to search for profiles in partner databases or to register your own profile. Please, find below a list of these platforms that offer online partner search tools to facilitate networking and collaboration among universities, research organizations, SMEs and in industry around the world. For this purpose, we would like to recommend the following options:
First of all, we would like to recommend the Funding & tender opportunities website, whose partner search tool offers two ways for finding the right consortium members (a) among the participants in past EU projects or (b) by topic:
Secondly, the H2020 National Contact Points network is built by national structures that are established and financed by the governments of the 28 EU member states (and by the states associated to the framework programme). The network of NCPs is the main structure to provide guidance, practical information and assistance on all aspects of participation in Horizon 2020. Please, take into account that NCPs are also established in many non-EU and non-associated countries ('third countries'). These structures offer, among other services, assistance in partner search and their contact details can be found at:
Please, do also pay special attention to the International network of National Contact Points (NCPs) for the Societal Challenge 6 in Horizon 2020 (Net4Society).
Conferences and Info days are a great opportunity for networking and finding eventual additional partners and project coordinators. A detailed calendar for these events can be found at the Spanish H2020 MICINN website:
Besides, there are numerous search tools that will certainly help us build our consortium or offer our R&I expertise, such as the following ones (in alphabetical order):
- APRE – Agenzia per la Promozione della Ricerca EuropeaAPRE has developed a new Partner Search service to assist organizations like universities, enterprises, research institutions, SMEs and other legal entities in finding appropriate partners/coordinators for participation in Horizon 2020. This service provides you with details on partner profiles and active partnership requests from organizations across Europe and around the world.
- Enterprise Europe Network: The Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) is a business-support network of 600 member organisations in 50 countries that aims to facilitate transnational business-business and business-academia innovation partnerships. It publishes technology profiles to help identify suitable partners.
- C-Energy 2020 networkThis C-Energy2020 Partner Search Facility has been established by the network of H2020 Energy NCPs to help support its clients in establishing consortia. This web service is strictly focused on the open calls for proposals under the Energy area of the Societal challenge Pillar of Horizon2020 and the Euratom Calls (complementary programme for nuclear research and training).
- ETNA Plus NetworkThis network provides a partner search facility with advanced searching functionality with potential participants in Transport related projects.
- European Cluster Collaboration PlatformThis tool supports partnering and partner search among clusters organisations and their services. You can enter in discussion with potential partners to match your expertise and your interest. Apart from the information provided by this platform, the Spanish CDTI also summarizes the number of clusters in which Spain is actively taking part at the moment (ACQUEAU, CATRENE, CELTIC-Plus, etc.).
- Fit for Health 2.0Covering 'Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing', together with health-related topics in other themes, this matchmaking tool implemented by Fit for Health 2.0 offers very unique possibilities to match your expertise and your interest in joining a research consortium with specific EU research project initiatives.
- IDEAL-IST Ideal-ist is an international ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) National Contact Point (NCP) network, supporting research and innovation within the EU Framework Programmes. The network includes more than 65 partners from EU and Non-EU Countries, such as Associated States, Eastern European Partner Countries (EEPC), Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPC), and other countries throughout the world.
- NCPs CaRE (H2020 Societal Challenge 5)This partnering tool supports potential applicants for the Horizon 2020 Work programme of the Societal Challenge 5 ‘Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials’ in finding partners and building a consortium for a project proposal.
- NMP TeAm Partner Search FacilityThe NMP TeAm Partner Search Facility has been established by the network on NMP NCPs in order to offer best support to its clients. This web service is strictly focused on the open calls for proposals of the key enabling technologies Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Biotechnology and Advanced Manufacturing and Processing of HORIZON 2020, related actions like FET open, ERA-NETs like SIINN and M-ERA.NET and inducement prize (Horizon Prize on materials for clean air).
- SEREMA/SEREN3The purpose of the Security Research Map (SeReMa) is to increase the visibility of security related research in Europe and to optimize the networking between research facilities, universities, public authorities, end users, suppliers of security solutions and operators of critical infrastructures.
- SiS.net (H2020 SwafS)SiS.net brings together National Contact Points from Europe and beyond that can assist in finding relevant partners for your projects (Science with and for Society in Horizon 2020).
- Up2EuropeUp2Europe is an ideas accelerator for European projects which aims to create a virtual community for Up and coming professionals in European projects.
In addition, we encourage all participants to take part in social network discussions through Facebook Horizon 2020, Twitter EU H2020 or Linkedin Group HORIZON 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. Besides, LinkedIn offers some other specific groups for networking, such as: BiotechEnergyEnvironmentEureka NetworkEuropean Research CouncilFET OpenGEO-ICTHealthICTInnovation and Entrepreneurship NetworkMSCANanotechSecuritySmart Cities & CommunitiesSME/COSMESpaceSSHTechnology TransferTransport
Active and Health Aging (AHA)Agricultural Productivity and SustainabilityRaw MaterialsWaterSmart Cities and CommunitiesEIT Climate-KICEIT DigitalEIT FoodEIT HealthEIT InnoEnergyEIT Raw MaterialsGraphene FlagshipHuman Brain Project FlagshipQuantum Flagship
At national level, Spanish Technology Platforms are public-private structures, led by industry, with the participation of agents of science-technology-innovation system, focused in a technology sector, which work together to identify and prioritize technological needs and are able to define the medium and long-term R & D + I strategy. The main objective is to get scientific and technological developments in order to ensure the competitiveness, sustainability and growth of our industry, lining all agents strategies and concentrating all R&D&I efforts.