ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Jaén announces scholarships aimed at attracting international students to Bachelor Degrees at the University of Jaén.
In the framework of the Strategic Planning of the Vice-President’s Office for Internationalization and in collaboration with the Vice-President’s Office for Coordination and Quality of Teaching , it has been decided to announce 20 scholarships for international students of excellence who wish to be enrolled in a Master program at the University of Jaén . Read the brochures attached: Spanish, English, French, Portuguese.
Should you have questions, please review first our section of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Promote the internationalization master’s students at the University of Jaén.
- Facilitate the access of international students to master's studies adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- Promote the attraction of students of excellence to postgraduate study programs at the University of Jaén.
Students with nationality in countries listed in ANNEX I, coming from non-Spanish Teaching Centers, which meet the indicated requirements in this call.
All communications will be made through the e-mail address given in the application.
20 scholarships are awarded for Master's programs which consist of:
- Students will be exempt from tuition fees related to the credits required to carry out the chosen program (between 60-120 ECTS in case of master’s studies). Annually, the expenses of the first enrollment of all the required courses (60 ECTS)(The renewal of the scholarship for the whole of the Master's studies will be subject to satisfactory academic results.) will be compensated. If the student wishes to enroll in additional credits, the related cost must be borne by the student. In general, enrollments of less than 60 ECTS per year will not be accepted.
- Health insurance (sickness/hospitalization), repatriation, accidents and third party liability during the period of the scholarship.
- Students are entitled for an annual amount of € 3,000 per beneficiary for the coverage of accommodation and/or living expenses ( 2,400 USD approx.). This amount of money will not be enough to completely pay accommodation and plane bills. Students will be able to use this economic help to support part of their expenses. The following cost-of-living index gives an approximation of prices in Jaén or Linares.
- Free Spanish courses in the case of non-Spanish speakers.
- Other necessary expenses may be covered during the stay at the University of Jaén.
The list of Official Master's degrees offered in this call and which are classified according to major areas of knowledge is presented in APPENDIX II: Arts and Humanities, Sciences, Health Sciences, Social and Legal Sciences and Engineering and Architecture. All of the Masters that appear in this Appendix have a total of 60 ECTS credits, with the exception of the Masters in Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and Mining Engineering, which amount to a total of 90 credits.
GENERAL AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE APPLICANTS
Students who wish to attend this scholarship must:
- Have the corresponding BA or BSc degree to access to the requested master’s program or be in a position to have completed it by 15 September 2020. The general criteria for eligibility for admission are set out in Annex III.
- Have a minimum GPA of 7 on a 10-point scale achieved during the studies in the previous section.
- In the case of master’s programs of more than 60 ECTS, students who wish to renew their scholarship to continue their studies in the same way in the following academic year must exceed 90% of the credits enrolled in the previous academic year.
REMEMBER THAT THE CLASSES WILL BE TAUGHT IN SPANISH EXCEPT THE BA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND THE MASTER IN TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. THEREFORE WE RECOMMEND TO HAVE A SPANISH LEVEL THAT ALLOWS YOU TO FOLLOW YOUR COURSES WITHOUT ANY DIFFICULTY WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF OBTAINING THE REQUIRED CREDITS (90%). THE RECOMMENDED LEVEL OF SPANISH WOULD BE B2 IN THE COMMON FRAMEWORK OF REFERENCE FOR LANGAUGES.
Applications must be submitted until April 5th, 2021 at 23:59 through the online application form available on the website of the University of Jaén.
In each application, a single master’s program must be selected, and no more than two applications per candidate may be submitted.
Together with the application form, the following documents must be uploaded in electronic format (pdf):
- Copy of passport or identity document.
- Certificate of academic record including the obtained Degrees.
- Copy of the certificate, in case of having completed a university degree.
Additionally, if available, it can be sent in electronic format (pdf) together with the application form:
- Certification of knowledge of the Spanish language (recommended). It will be presented by applicants for any master's degree who do not come from countries where Spanish is the official language or from Latin American countries
- Certification of knowledge of the English language (recommended). This will be required of all applicants for the Master's in Telecommunications Engineering who do not come from countries where English is the official language.
The selection will be made by the University of Jaén with the support, if applicable, of the corresponding government agencies of the country of origin, based on the following academic criteria:
- Preference of degrees related to the chosen master’s program.
- Average grade of the degree that allows access to master's studies, on a scale of 1 to 10.
- 2 places will be reserved for students from the Russian Federation, 1 place for students from Tunisia and 4 places for students from Brazil, selected on the basis of the terms of the agreements with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Secure Verification Code : GEN-ff0a-7312-752c-e601-5a94-a873-a9c1-17fe : You can verify the integrity of this document at the following address : https://valida.ujaen.es
AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The provisional resolution of granting of the scholarships will be communicated by a resolution of the Vice-President’s Office of Internationalization of the University of Jaén, based on the terms established in the proposal by the Center for Postgraduate Studies.
Grantees of the scholarship will receive an individual communication through e-mail directed at the address they have indicated in their application. Likewise, the list of selected students will be published on the website of the University of Jaén.
In addition to the list of selected students, a waiting list will be drawn upon to cover any vacancies or waivers that may occur during the procedure. The selections of students on the waiting list will be done according to the same selection criteria.
Applicants who disagree with the results of the selection process may submit a complaint within 5 working days after the publication of the resolution in written form through e-mail directed at talento [arroba] ujaen [punto] es.
The possible claims will be resolved and communicated with the publication of the definitive list of grantees.
Once the deadline for complaint has elapsed and, once the possible complaints are resolved, the final list of grantees of the scholarships along with the waiting list and the list of excluded applications will be published.
In the case the master’s program selected by the applicant will not take place; affected students may opt to choose a different master’s program.
In the case of vacant bursaries, the following may be used for students international students enrolled in Phase 1 of SAD who have applied for a scholarship and have been placed on the waiting list. Beneficiaries must meet the requirements indicated in section 4 of this call.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE GRANTEES
- Except in the case of students from Portuguese and/or Italian speaking countries, it is mandatory to have a level of Spanish language adequate to follow the courses in this language.
- Send a signed letter to the University of Jaén stating the acceptance of the scholarship and the conditions established by the University of Jaén.
- For access to the University of Jaén Master's studies, students must comply with the requirements indicated in APPENDIX III of this call.
- Carry out the pre-registration of the master's degree which the student wants to get enrolled in, in accordance with the regulations of the University of Jaén and the Unique University District of Andalusia.
- Formalize the corresponding enrollment at the University of Jaén, adhere to the procedures and hold at the established deadlines.
- Carry out all the necessary procedures to obtain the entry visa to Spain and, if necessary, legalization of all the necessary documentation in relation to the academic records of the student.
- In the case of master's degrees of more than 60 credits, and except in justified cases, over 90% of the credits registered annually.
- In order to receive the financial aid and be a beneficiary of the insurance policy, you must be resident in the cities of Jaén or Linares, except for those students who are beneficiaries of these grants and who will subsequently study in a face-to-face mobility programme during one of the academic years.
GRANT OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Grantees will be exempt from paying fees for academic and administrative services (60 credits per course) and the amount for the coverage of accommodation and/or living expenses will be paid in two installments per academic year. 60% will be paid once the student has successfully carried out all procedures related to their enrollment at the University of Jaén. The remaining 40% will be paid at the beginning of the second semester.
The University of Jaén will give the necessary support for the VISA process.
- Resolution of the Vice-rectorate for Internationalisation of the University of Jaén, of 18/12/2019, by which the Talent Attracti
- Resolution of june 18 of 2021, list of beneficiaries, excluded and in wait applications
- Resolución de July 16th of 2021, definitive list of granted applications
- Frequently Asked Questions