Within the framework of the Strategic Planning of the Vice-Rectorate for Internationalization, and in collaboration with the Vice-Rectorate for Teaching Coordination and Quality of Teaching, it has been resolved to announce 20 Scholarships for international students of excellence who wish to study Master's degrees at the University of Jaén.
Promote the internationalization of the students of the Master's degrees at the University of Jaén.
Facilitate the access of international students to Master's studies adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
Promote the attraction of students of excellence to graduate studies at the University of Jaén.
Students with nationality in countries listed in ANNEX I from non-Spanish Education Centers, who meet the requirements indicated in this call.
All communications will be made through the email address that appears in the request.
Number and amount of scholarships:
Full scholarship for Master's studies.
20 Master's scholarships are announced. The scholarship will consist of:
- 100% coverage of the enrollment costs of the credits required to pass the chosen program (between 60-120 ECTS for Master's studies). The tuition fees for a full course (60 ECTS) will be paid annually (The renewal of the scholarship for the total of Master's studies will be subject to obtaining satisfactory academic results.). If someone wishes to enroll in more annual credits, the additional cost must be borne by the interested party. In general, enrollments of less than 60 ECTS per year will not be accepted.
- Health insurance coverage (illness / hospitalization), repatriation, accidents and civil liability of up to € 190 during the validity period of the scholarship. Beneficiaries must purchase the insurance personally
- An economic amount of € 3,000 per year per candidate, for accommodation and / or living expenses (3,200 US dollars approx.). The price of accommodation and air tickets will not be fully covered by this scholarship. The beneficiaries will be able to use the 3,000 € to defray part of the expenses.
- Free Spanish courses for non-Spanish speaking students.
- In justified cases, other necessary expenses may be covered during the stay at the University of Jaén.
In ANNEX II the list of Official Master's degrees offered in this call is presented and which are classified according to large areas of knowledge: Arts and Humanities, Sciences, Health Sciences, Social and Legal Sciences and Engineering and Architecture. All the Masters that appear in this Annex have a total of 60 ECTS credits with the exception of the Masters in Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and Mining Engineering, which amount to a total of 90 credits, and the Master in Industrial Engineering, which amount to a total of 120 credits.
ANNEX II. Official Master's Degrees offered
- TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING (IN ENGLISH) (LINARES CAMPUS) (1.5 years-90 ECTS)
- INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (2 years-120 ECTS)
- GEODETIC ENGINEERING AND APPLIED GEOPHYSICS (1 year-60 ECTS)
- MINING ENGINEERING (LINARES CAMPUS) (1.5 years-90 ECTS)
- GEOMATICS AND GEOINFORMATION ENGINEERING (1 year-60 ECTS)
- COMPUTER SECURITY (1 year-60 ECTS)
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING (1.5 years-90 ECTS)
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING (1.5 years-90 ECTS)
- MATERIALS ENGINEERING AND SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION (LINARES CAMPUS) (1 year-60 ECTS)
- CONNECTED INDUSTRY (LINARES CAMPUS) (1 year-60 ECTS)
- RENEWABLE ENERGIES (1 year-60 ECTS)
- LAND TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS ENGINEERING (LINARES CAMPUS) (1 year-60 ECTS)
- BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOMEDICINE (1 year-60 ECTS)
- GERONTOLOGY: LONGEVITY, HEALTH AND QUALITY (1 year-60 ECTS)
- RESEARCH AND TEACHING IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND HEALTH SCIENCES (1 year-60 ECTS)
- HEALTH SCIENCES RESEARCH (1 year-60 ECTS)
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PENITENTIARY SYSTEM (1 year-60 ECTS)
- ADVANCED STUDY IN CULTURAL HERITAGE: HISTORY, ART AND TERRITORY (1 year-60 ECTS)
General and Academic Requirements of the applicants
Students who wish to participate in this scholarship must:
- Have the corresponding qualification for access to the studies of the Master requested or be in a position to have completed it on September 15, 2022. The general criteria for admission are listed in ANNEX III of the call.
- At the time of application, have a minimum average grade of 7 on a 10-point scale for scholarships in the studies in the previous section.
Students who have obtained a scholarship and wish to renew it to continue their studies at the UJA must have passed 90% of the credits enrolled in the previous year.
A new master's talent attraction scholarship may not be awarded to an applicant who has already been a beneficiary of the master's talent attraction scholarship in a previous call.
WE REMIND YOU THAT THE CLASSES WILL BE TAKEN IN SPANISH EXCEPT FOR THE MASTER'S DEGREE IN TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. THEREFORE, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THEY HAVE A LEVEL OF SPANISH THAT ALLOWS THEM TO FOLLOW THEIR COURSES WITHOUT DIFFICULTY WITH THE OBJECTIVE THAT THEY CAN GET THE REQUIRED USE (90% CREDITS). A B2 LEVEL OF SPANISH IS RECOMMENDED IN THE COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK OF REFERENCE FOR LANGUAGES.
Applications will be submitted until april 5, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. through the computer application available on the website of the University of Jaén.
A single Master's degree may be selected for each application, and no more than two applications per candidate may be submitted.
Along with the application form, the following documentation must be sent in electronic format (pdf):
Copy of passport or identity document.
Certification of your academic record with grades.
Additionally, if it is available, together with the application it can be sent in electronic format (pdf):
Copy of the academic qualification or the document that accredits the completion of studies.
Certification certifying knowledge of the Spanish language (recommended). It will be presented by applicants for any master's degree who do not come from countries where Spanish is the official language or from Latin American countries
Certification of knowledge of the English language (recommended). It will be required of all applicants for the Master in Telecommunications Engineering, who do not come from countries where English is the official language.
The selection will be made by the University of Jaén with the support, where appropriate, of the corresponding government agencies of the country of origin, based on the following criteria:
Degree preference in access rules to the Master.
Average grade of the degree required for access to Master's studies, on a scale of 1 to 10.
Preference will be given to students who prove their knowledge of Spanish for the degrees taught in this language, and students who prove their knowledge of English for applicants for the Master in Telecommunications Engineering.
2 places will be reserved for students from the Russian Federation, 1 place for students from Tunisia, and 4 places for students from Brazil, selected based on the terms of the agreements with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain in these countries.
Granting of Scholarships
The provisional resolution for granting the aid will be published by resolution of the Vice President for Internationalization of the University of Jaén with a deadline of April 29, 2022. The final resolution will be published with a deadline of May 20, 2022.
Scholarship recipients will receive an individual communication at the email address indicated in the application. Likewise, the list of selected people will be published on the website of the University of Jaén.
In addition to the selected scholarship holders, a list of alternates will be drawn up to fill any vacancies or resignations that may arise throughout the procedure. The ordering of substitutes will be carried out according to the same selection criteria.
Applicants who do not agree with the assessment given may submit a claim within 10 business days following publication by writing to the physical or electronic registry (https://administracionelectronica.ujaen.es/) of the University of Jaén Possible claims will be resolved and notified with the publication of the final list on the notice board of the University of Jaén: https://www.ujaen.es/servicios/servinfo/anuncios.
Possible claims will be resolved and notified with the publication of the final list. Once the claim period has elapsed and, once the possible claims have been resolved, the definitive list of scholarship awards, alternates and excluded persons will be published.
In the event that the Master selected by the applicant is not taught, enrollment in another Master will be facilitated.
In the case of remaining vacant scholarships, they may be used for international students enrolled in Phase 1 of DUA who have applied for a scholarship and have been on the waiting list. The beneficiaries must meet the requirements indicated in section 4 of this call. in addition to having applied for the Talent Attraction scholarship within the corresponding deadline.
Obligations of the Beneficiaries
Except in the case of students from Portuguese and / or Italian speaking countries, have an adequate level of knowledge of Spanish to be able to follow the courses in this language.
Send the University of Jaén a signed letter stating the acceptance of the scholarship and the conditions established by the University of Jaén.
For access to Master's studies at the University of Jaén, the student must meet the requirements indicated in ANNEX III of this call.
Carry out the pre-registration of the Master to which you access, in accordance with the regulations of the University of Jaén and the Unique University District of Andalusia.
Formalize, according to the procedure and the established regulatory deadlines, the corresponding enrollment at the University of Jaén.
Carry out all the necessary procedures to obtain the entry visa to Spain and, where appropriate, the legalization of all the necessary documentation to constitute your academic record.
In the case of master's degrees of more than 60 credits, and except in justified cases, exceed 90% of the credits enrolled annually.
It will be an essential requirement to receive financial aid and to be a beneficiary of the insurance contract to be residing in the cities of Jaén or Linares, except for those students who are beneficiaries of these scholarships who subsequently attend face-to-face mobility stays during any of the academic courses.
Beneficiary applicants will enjoy exemption from paying public prices for academic and administrative services (60 credits per course) and the amount granted for accommodation and / or living expenses will be paid in two payments per academic year, 60% It will be paid once the student's enrollment and incorporation to the University of Jaén is accredited, and 40% will be paid at the beginning of the second semester.
The University of Jaén will provide the necessary support for the VISA process.
- Call for Talent Attraction Scholarship Programme for Master's Studies in the 2022/2023
- Resolution of may 3rd of 2022, provisional list of admitted and excluded applications
- Resolution of may 30th of 2022, definitive list of granted applications
- Informative brochure - Spanish
- Informative brochure - Portuguese
- Informative brochure - French
- Informative brochure - Russian
- Annex I - List of countries admitted in the program
- Annex II - List of master degree's offered