The University of Jaén announces grants aimed at attracting international students for undergraduate studies at the University of Jaén.
If you have any further questions, please see our FAQ section.
Within the framework of the Strategic Planning of the Vice-rectorate for Internationalisation, 40 scholarships are announced for international students of excellence who wish to study any of the degrees offered at the Campus of Linares, which can be co-financed with external funds and, in particular, through the co-financing committed with the City Council of Linares under the Agreement established between the two institutions.
To promote the internationalisation of the students of the undergraduate courses of the Linares campus of the University of Jaén.
To facilitate the access of international students to undergraduate studies adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
To promote the attraction of students of excellence to the undergraduate studies of the University of Jaén.
Students with nationality from the countries listed in ANNEX I from teaching centres abroad, who meet the requirements indicated in this call for applications.
All communications will be made through the e-mail address given in the application form.
Full scholarship for undergraduate studies.
40 undergraduate scholarships are available. The scholarship will consist of:
- Coverage of 100% of the tuition fees for the credits required to pass the chosen programme (240 ECTS for undergraduate studies). The first registration fees for a full academic year (60 ECTS) will be compensated annually.1 If someone wishes to register for more credits per year, the additional cost will have to be covered by the interested party. As a general rule, enrolments of less than 60 ECTS per year will not be accepted.
- 100% coverage of the cost of credit recognition for those students who request it.
- An economic amount of €2,200 per year per beneficiary; plus health insurance (illness/hospitalisation), repatriation, accidents and civil liability for the duration of the scholarship; and the cost of Spanish courses in the case of non-Spanish-speaking students, as well as the costs of travel between campuses necessary to attend them, if applicable (up to a total of €2,500).
- These scholarships will be managed with funds from Expenditure Centre 02.10 and will be charged to application 482.14.
ANNEX II shows the list of degrees offered in this call and the number of scholarships in each of them.
List of degrees offered:
|DEGREE||NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS|
|Degree in Civil Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
|Degree in Energy Resources Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
|Degree in Telecommunication Technologies Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
|Degree in Electrical Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
|Degree in Mechanical Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
|Degree in Industrial Chemical Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
|Degree in Telematics Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
|Degree in Mining Technologies Engineering (EPS Linares)||5|
GENERAL AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
Students wishing to apply for this scholarship must:
- Have completed secondary education or equivalent or be in a position to have completed it by 15 September 2020.
- Have a minimum grade of 7 on a 10-point scale in the studies listed in the previous section.
Students who have obtained a grant and wish to renew it to continue their studies at UJA must have passed 90% of the credits enrolled in the previous academic year.
A new scholarship for attracting undergraduate talent cannot be awarded to a student who has already received a scholarship for attracting undergraduate talent in a previous call for applications.
Applications must be submitted by 31st May 2021 using the application form available on this website.
Together with the application form, the following documentation must be submitted in electronic format (pdf):
- Copy of passport or identity card.
- Certification of your academic record with grades.
- Certification of knowledge of the Spanish language (recommended). To be submitted by applicants of any degree who do not come from countries where Spanish is the official language or from Latin American countries.
- Copy of the academic qualification or of the academic document.
The selection process will be carried out by the University of Jaén with the support of the corresponding agencies of the government of the country of origin, based on the following criteria:
- Average mark of the education that allows access to the Degree studies, on a scale from 1 to 10.
- Preference will be given to students who can prove their knowledge of Spanish and English for degrees taught in these languages.
Up to 9 places will be reserved for finalists of the 2021 School Olympiad of Spanish in Russia, up to 9 places for students from Spanish language centres dependent on the Ministry of Education of the Spanish Embassy in Brazil, up to 2 places for students from Tunisia selected on the basis of the terms of the agreement with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain in Tunisia, up to 2 places for students selected by the Ministry of Education of the Spanish Embassy in Bulgaria and through the Education Attaché Offices in Hungary and Romania and up to 2 places for students from Spanish language centres in Poland.
The International Relations Section will carry out the procedure in application of this call, relying, where appropriate, on the government agencies of the applicants' country of origin, and will submit the proposed resolution to the Vice-Rector's Office for Internationalisation, the body responsible for making a decision.
AWARDING OF GRANTS
The provisional decision on the awarding of grants will be published by means of a resolution of the Vice-Rectorate for Internationalisation of the University of Jaén, in accordance with the terms established in the proposal made by the Student Support and Assistance Service.
The beneficiaries of the scholarship will receive an individual communication at the e-mail address indicated in the application form. Likewise, the list of those selected will be published on the website of the University of Jaén.
In addition to the selected scholarship holders, a list of substitutes will be drawn up to cover possible vacancies or resignations that may occur during the procedure. The ranking of substitutes will be carried out according to the same selection criteria.
Applicants who do not agree with the assessment given may submit a complaint within 5 working days of publication by writing to talento [arroba] ujaen [punto] es. Any possible complaints will be resolved and notified with the publication of the definitive list. Once the period for complaints has elapsed and any possible claims have been resolved, the definitive list of scholarship awards, substitutes and those excluded will be published.
In the event that the Degree selected by the applicant does not take place, enrolment in another Degree will be facilitated.
In the case of vacant scholarships, they may be used for international students enrolled in Phase 1 of the DUA.
Beneficiaries must meet the requirements indicated in section 4 of this call for applications.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE BENEFICIARIES
- Except in the case of students from Portuguese and/or Italian-speaking countries, to have an adequate level of knowledge of Spanish in order to be able to follow the courses in this language.
- Send to the University of Jaén a signed letter stating the acceptance of the scholarship and the conditions established by the University of Jaén.
- In order to access the Bachelor's Degree studies at the University of Jaén, the student must fulfil the requirements indicated in ANNEX III of this call for applications.
- Pre-register for the Degree, in accordance with the regulations of the University of Jaén and the Single University District of Andalusia. If necessary, the student must homologate the corresponding degree that gives access to these studies, as well as accredit knowledge of the Spanish language if required for access to the university.
- Formalise the corresponding enrolment at the University of Jaén, in accordance with the established procedure and deadlines.
- To carry out all the necessary procedures to obtain the entry visa to Spain and, if necessary, the legalisation of all the necessary documentation to constitute their academic record.
- Except in justified cases, to exceed 90% of the credits enrolled annually.
- In order to receive the financial aid and to be eligible for the insurance policy, it will be an essential requirement to be resident in Linares, except for those students who are beneficiaries of these grants and who subsequently study on-site mobility stays during one of the academic years.
PAYMENT OF THE GRANTS
Applicants who are beneficiaries of the grant will be exempt from paying public fees for academic and administrative services (60 credits per academic year) and the amount granted will be paid in two payments per academic year, 60% of which will be paid once the student's enrolment is accredited and the student's registration is confirmed.
The University of Jaén will provide the necessary support for the VISA process.
- Call for applications for the Talent Attraction Grants Programme for undergraduate studies in the academic year 2021/2022
- Modification of the Call of May 21 of 2021
- Homologation of baccalaureate degree 2021/22
- Resolution of June 21st 2021, list of beneficiaries, excluded and in wait list applications
- Resolution of July 7st 2021, definitive list of beneficiaries
- FAQ section.